Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogging as learning...

I really realised the power of blogging in the last few weeks when I started checking Robert Peston's blog every day. I've stopped for now. So his blog is so powerful that is was accused of setting the news agenda rather than just commenting on it. I have no aspirations to reach such dizzy heights. Instead I thought that I would like to record my own journey in learning how to use these new media. I also hoped that I might inspire people who really have something to say to join me. Networking takes time and energy. This should make it easier and over the next few weeks I will be able to report if it does!
This morning I bumped into a colleague at the bottom of the stairs. He works in the School of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education. I told him I had started blogging and he told me he had too! I'll post a link later. Blogging could help forge links between our departments.
I hadn't realised that there is discussion about whether or not all learning professionals should be blogging but there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment